mike.
art. jesus. coffee. people. books. creating. in no particular order.
>>view my complete profile

June 2, 2008

Needs and wants.

In my last post I spoke about how restless I have been for a while. I still am, but I just felt the urge to publicly praise and thank god for giving me what he gave me this morning.

This morning I wake up tired, like I have been for the past few weeks, why I don't know. I have a feeling it might be because of the heat and that the air conditioning unit for the public areas of my apartment building is right outside my bedroom window; which is right where the head of my bed is located. So I wake up and I'm tired, so tired that I almost say screw church and just stay home and not sleep. After falling back asleep for a few minutes I decided to get up and go make a cup of coffee and see what happened. So, I make my coffee and breakfast, go over to my window and just sit there looking out at the corner. Then it happened... an amazing sense of calmness came over me as I just looked out over the intersection, there were few people out, the ones that were just strolled and enjoyed their coffee, there were no cars and just the sounds of birds singing. Then I just at that moment started talking to God, thanking him for this amazing sense of calmness he gave me. I just sat there, calm, still, knowing that God is, was and will be. After that I just went back into my room, popped on some music and layed on my bed just resting before church.

Then it hit me, if I know that God is and was and will be the great provider, why do I worry? Why do I stress? God gives you what you want when you need what you want.

Lord I want to thank you for being a God who knows what your children need and when to give them what they want. Thank you for always being there for us when sometimes; we aren't there for you. Lord, I pray that you can give the rest of your children that are restless and frustrated that amazing sense of calmness that you so graciously gave to me this morning. Thank you for letting me sit there and bask in the glory that is your world and your creation. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Michael. Thanks for lurking around my blog and for saying hello! I remember you from the singles event but I didn't get time to chat with you. I love the art on your blog, is that yours?! I read some of your posts, and so glad you came back to God in college, that's when I did. After lots of rants and rebellion, and there was more to come. I look back on the stupid decisions I made, even after I came to God, and wish I could go back to being 23 and undoing the messes I made. But ... God DOES redeem everything. I relate to your feeling of restlessness. But when we wake early and just take things in, like you did on this day, we come back to the truth: why do we worry? God knows all our needs and wants. You've got the whole of life ahead of you. Don't forget that truth! Susan

    ReplyDelete