mike.
art. jesus. coffee. people. books. creating. in no particular order.
>>view my complete profile

April 23, 2011

Train of Thoughts

   I love taking the NJtransit from 30th Street Ttation in Philadelphia rather than catching the patco (semi-subway) and meeting up with the train a couple of stops down the line. I never realized why. Logically I should take the patco and meet up with the NJtransit later, its usually slightly cheaper and its more convenient, but recently I've been purposely going to 30th Street. I didn't know why. Now I do.   The ride from Philadelphia to where the two trains meet is so peaceful, specially at night, it gives my mind time to decompress and relax.  There's usually a few people in each car, no one is loud* or shuffling around. We're all just there.  A few stops down the line is where the two trains join is where the majority of the people board the train, and the ride is no longer peaceful.  I'm sitting here on the train decompressing, reflecting and appreciating the week that this past one was.
   I have so many thoughts that I want to write, but I haven't fleshed them out enough to write a cohesive story, so I'm going to list them out (some will be fairly large bullet points; and thats okay!
- People change, I've changed, friends have changed and thats okay, Its not bad. It's just different. Even though they and I have changed, that bond that was formed between us is not broken, after the time and distance, the people creating the bond are just different.

- God is doing something, a lot of things in a lot of peoples life is changing showing that a season is changing and I'm not talking about the winter to spring season change; but life and death of things in peoples lives.

- I think its no coincidence that I forgot that this week was holy week and this is also the week that I got to spend with friends I love, worship and fellowship with.  While I didn't spend anytime in "corporate" worship with them, I did spend time discussing how awesome, confusing and all knowingly wonderful God is.  While I don't get to spend one of the holiest and most revered Christian holidays with them but rather my family, It reminds me that I do have to in-fact remember that family is family for a reason.

- God answers questions with in-your-face answers, specially when those questions you try to hide from yourself and definitely ones you hide from others.

- As i just tweeted, I wanted to say "Oh my dear. I just forgot how stunningly beautiful you are.  I think you get more and more beautiful each day!"  There is more to that statement but I think for now... I'll leave it at that.

- I got to spend every morning walking in the energetic energy of commute, grabbing coffee and a bagel with tons of anonymous people and sitting on a stoop enjoying the morning everyday. This just reaffirms that I am meant to be an urban dweller.

- I am meant to work, nothing felt as good as waking up at 7/8am, getting ready, going to work, taking lunch (or in some cases working through lunch) and "clocking out" at 6. It was so rewarding (and mentally draining).

- I still know how to be a pleasant person, make friends with random people I don't know and carry on a successful conversation on a variety of topics with a bunch of educated people.  While I was temp working I was introduce to other people, from different backgrounds and current place yet we all conversed, shared and laughed.

- I forgot how good good coffee, good beer and good food tasted.

- A city park is a beautiful example of how life ideally should exist. People from different backgrounds, current situations and extreme opposite social and economical situations co-inhabiting the same place with virtually no problems.

- I miss the scenes of the city. From the crazy jesus end-of-days people handing out pamphlets to the monks marching to the beat of their own drum, literally down the street to the drunk man who stopped to watch a bird fly over his head and almost fell backwards.

- my zodiac sign (if i fully embraced it) would be the end of me. All I care about are secrets, sex, domination and money. Thank God (literally!) that I am not without good friend and Christ to keep me from living up to (or down to?) my Scorpio tendencies.

Thats not all, but the train demographic is changing, my mind is buzzing and I'm having a hard time concentrating, so thus is the end for now.  This week was everything I needed to continue through this season of my life. Philadelphia and its inhabitants (friends and strangers alike) have my heart and you're not letting go anytime soon. Thank You.

*of course as I write this a very loud and flamboyantly gay man decides it is time to discuss something in an extremely exited manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment